What Is Science?
One can say that importance of science in health is a curiosity-driven force that makes life much simpler. Science is the one that gives meaning to our lives. Science has its contribution to every field. Every phenomenon in this universe works on some principles formed by scientific rules.
It is a wonder that gives wonder to our lives. We can part science as basic science and medical science. As much as basic science is important, medical science is an integral part of our lives.
This is a term that signifies a rather bigger area of health. It not only implies the cure of diseases but also the prevention of diseases. Health professionals work in the healthcare department providing all primary, secondary, and tertiary care to people.
Science provides a fortune of knowledge that drummed to enhance the condition of many fields in the world, especially the healthcare field.
Importance Of Science In Health
Healthcare is an area that needs to updates for the cure of past, present, and future diseases. This update is not possible without the help of medical science. We can only treat a disease if we know the cause behind it and that particular cause is diagnosed only with the help of methods that are scientifically driven and proven.
- Science plays a crucial role in healthcare. Science and healthcare both are closely interconnects. Science offers various techniques that have proven to be helpful in the improvement of healthcare in the past. For example, microscopes were discovered whose basis is scientific which have proven to be very useful in diagnosing disease-causing microbes.
- Science allows us to do more and more research on diseases and find newer techniques for their treatment. Without research, there will be continuous suffering, pandemics, and diseases that will be difficult to cure.
- With evolution, only humans have not evolved but all the species in nature that might be harmful or useful have evolved. And so after some time, some of the disease-causing microbes become resistant to the existing treatment regimes. That’s where scientists step in and formulate newer medications or techniques to fight the diseases.
- Science allows us access to the knowledge that helps to explain how diseases work and hence how they works.
- If it was not for Science, we would never have been able to formulate vaccines for many diseases like Polio, Diptheria, Hepatitis, etc.
- The cure of Cancer has also been possible due to the work of our scientists in the medical field.
What could be the greatest example of the importance of science in health which has been witnessed by the whole world at present Recently, in 2020 the world was struck by an unknown virus, the COVID-19 virus. The commencement of this virus had left the world in distress.
If it was not for our scientists who by applying their knowledge in medical science formulated the Vaccine against the CoronaVirus, the world would not have been alive. Science not only improves the healthcare system but also gives hope to people for healthy and safe lives.