DevOps market growth is predicted at 20% (approximately $17 billion) until 2026, according to Global Market Insights, Inc. With the high demand for minimizing system development lifecycle and increasing business productivity through quick application delivery, there is a boost in the market demand of DevOps. Several enterprises are adopting DevOps solutions for quick development and deployment, as software upgrading has become very important in today’s competitive age. They are also leveraging the functionalities of DevOps for significantly reducing manual processes, agile software development, and cutting down on coding errors.
Advanced and new DevOps techniques include shorter development lifecycles, enhanced efficiency in communication, reduced deployment failures, and cost reduction that raises the demand for DevOps services and solutions. With new stats, it has been seen that top enterprises that have used DevOps in their software development have gained around 63% improvement in the quality of software deployment.
A worldwide survey report found that growth rates of DevOps adoption and implementation of new tools have led to drastic changes in job functions, organization charts, and tool choices within developer, security, and operation teams. DevOps adoption rates are rapidly growing high as around 25% of companies are in the DevOps “sweet spot” of practice while almost 37% are on their way to adopt.
More than a technology, DevOps is a trend that reinvented the collaboration between the two terms of any organization i.e. Developers (Dev) and Operation (Ops). Several IT solutions have come over the years, but only DevOps turned into a buzzword across firms and organizations. It is a one-stop solution for achieving quality product delivery, innovation, and faster recovery time in a collaborative environment.
Thinking about a career in DevOps? This article gives you the details on how to get started in this field and become certified through a DevOps engineer course.
What Is DevOp?
An advanced combination of Development (Dev) and operations (Ops) is called DevOps. It is the union of process, technology, tools, and people that continually provide value and services to customers. It enables roles such as IT operations, development, security, and quality engineering to produce more reliable and better products. DevOps provides tools and that helps to gain the ability to better respond to customer needs. It increases the value of the application they build and achieve goals faster.
Under DevOps, model engineers can work across the whole application lifecycle, from development and test to deployment to operations, and develop a range of skills for many functions. DevOps teams use technology stack, practices, and tooling which help them to operate and run the applications quickly and reliably, so that engineers can independently accomplish tasks. They focus on standardizing the development environment and automating the delivery process to improve delivery predictability, security, efficiency, and maintainability. The speed provided by DevOps enables organizations to serve their customers in a better way and compete more effectively in the market.
DevOps is a cross-functional mode of working, so developers use a different set of tools called “toolchains”. These toolchains are divided into the following categories for the aspects of the development and delivery process.
- Coding- Coding development and review, code merging, tools, and source code management.
- Building- Build status, Continuous integration tools.
- Testing- Continuous testing tools are providing timely and quick feedback on business risks.
- Packaging- Application pre-deployment staging and artifact repository.
- Releasing- Release automation, release approvals, change management.
- Configuring- Infrastructure as code tools, infrastructure configuration, and management.
- Monitoring- Application performance monitoring, end-user experience.
Goal Of DevOps- The main goal of DevOps is to improve collaboration between all stakeholders with planning, automation, and delivery process. Basically, it is aimed to achieve a faster time to market, improved deployment frequency, shorten the lead time between fixes, the lower failure rate of new releases, and to improve mean time to recovery. It has a vast working technique that incorporates many variations on the theme. DevOps culture involves capabilities such as Collaboration, continuous integration, automation, continuous testing, continuous delivery, continuous monitoring, and rapid remediation.
But above all “DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.”
Top DevOps Certifications
Certifications are the best way to display commitment and passion for any subject. It is a great way to gain industry knowledge of specific tools. DevOps certification is an advanced way to onboard new developers and businesses to their platform. Here is the list of best DevOps certifications.
- Dockers Certified Associate Certification- Docker is an important technology for DevOps engineers, and this certification helps aspirants to demonstrate their skills in running enterprise workloads at scale with Docker Enterprise Edition.
- Kubernetes administrator Certification- This certification was designed to learn the basics of managing a Kubernetes cluster and build from scratch. It has also two certification options to choose from:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam- This examination tests the technical expertise and skills of the candidate to manage and operate a distributed system and application on the AWS platform.
- Azure DevOps Solution Certification Exam- This certification is one of the best DevOps certifications as the Azure professionals who are working as DevOps professionals are willing to get it. This certification validates the skills and expertise of Azure DevOps professionals specifically.
- Puppet Professional Certification- Puppet certified professionals are allowed to operate system infrastructure using Puppet. They test the talented candidates about macro-level knowledge of Puppet IT automation software.
By obtaining one of these valuable certifications, candidates can remain competitive in their field and also remain ahead of others.
Benefits of Getting DevOps Certified
Nowadays DevOps is at the core and proving itself pivotal for the success of future devOps engineers. Here are some reasons to get certified with DevOps.
- Improved skills and knowledge- Devops certification offers you improved knowledge, information, and skills that will enhance your current capabilities.
- Better job opportunity- This certification can help you provide better job roles to pivot into new technology.
- High pay salary- DevOps engineers are ranked among the highest paying salaries in the cloud industry. This in-demand certification can help you to have the desired position and also bag big salaries.
- Increased Productivity & Effectiveness- With DevOps certification professionals can boost the effectiveness of the work done. It also helps in increasing the productivity to add value to the product, enterprise, and the staff as well.
DevOps is an advanced and hybrid approach to software development and having a certification is a win-win scenario. So are you ready to be a successful DevOps professional with suitable Devops certification?